The Oregon Invasive Species Council (OISC) is seeking nominations for 8 member seats to serve a 2-year term January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2021. Could you or someone you know help the OISC coordinate and communicate about invasive species in Oregon? Send the council a self-nomination by November 15, 2019. Letters of support are encouraged.
Strong nominees will have experience or expertise that relates to invasive species prevention or control and/or specialize in one of the following diverse areas of interest: natural resource industries; wildlife management or conservation; environmental or outdoor education; K-12 education; environmental law; marine, freshwater, estuarine systems; parks and recreation; domestic or international trade; travel and tourism.
The council is seeking to appoint members representing the following categories of interest in 2020:
A member who represents an entity, regardless of the form of the entity with a headquarters or principal operations in…
- Gilliam, Hood River, Jefferson, Morrow, Sherman, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Wasco, or Wheeler Counties
- Clatsop, Columbia, Lincoln, or Tillamook Counties
- Baker, Crook, Deschutes, Grant, Harney, Klamath, Lake, or Malheur Counties
- Benton, Lane, Linn, Marion, or Polk Counties
- Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington, or Yamhill Counties
And a member who
- represents a native American or Indian tribe or association of tribes within this state
- represents an organization or association that advocates on behalf of private industry in this state
- is a member of the Public
Nominations and questions about the process should be sent to email@example.com. Complete nominations must include the following:
- Individual’s name, title, phone, email, and mailing address
- A brief description of the nominee’s qualifications (self nominations are acceptable)
- A statement from the nominee that explains their interest, relative experience, and contributions they are willing to make to the Council. Nominee must specify the member seat(s) of interest.
- Letters of support for the nominee are encouraged.
To learn more, please visit: www.oregoninvasivespeciescouncil.org/nominations