Are you concerned about the high costs of the Oregon estate tax? Are you unsure who will take over your farm? Are you trying to identify a farm and business transition plan for family members? East Multnomah and Clackamas SWCDs present the Farm and Ranch Succession Workshop Series to help you with these challenges!
- When: January 15th & 29th, February 12th & 26th
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., with a complimentary light lunch provided at 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Multnomah Grange, 30639 SE Bluff Road, Boring
- Cost: Free!
- Registration: Kathryn Nishimoto at (503) 594-0738, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions: Diana Tourney at (503) 594-0732
Goal Setting for You and Your Family, Wednesday, January 29th
- Communicating strategies and goal setting
- Learn from self-analysis
- Navigating the equity issue among heirs and key employees
Getting Organized, Wednesday, February 12th
- Organizing your business entity – the best structure
- Organizing your finances
- Operational considerations
- Minimizing estate tax
Passing on Management Roles, Wednesday, February 26th
- Preparing the business for transition of all roles
- How to work with your family to pass on the business (estate vs. will)
- Easements as a succession tool